Iberon Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice applies to Iberon, LLC. (Iberon”, “we,” or “us”). Iberon knows that you care how information about you is used and shared. This Privacy Notice explains what information of yours will be collected by Iberon, how the information will be used, and how you can control the collection, correction and/or deletion of information.
Reference in this Privacy Notice to “Personal Data” means any information that identifies, or could reasonably be used to identify, a living individual, either on its own or together with other information.
Iberon is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Please read this Privacy Notice Carefully to Understand our Practices with Respect to Personal Data.
How We Obtain Your Personal Data.
As a provider of access control and automated background vetting ("Services"), we receive your Personal Data as a part of providing these Services to you or on your behalf.
The Personal Data We Collect and Process.
The Personal Data that we collect and process may include:
- Contact information, such as your full name, phone number and email address, when you use our Services. In addition, our third-party partners may collect this Personal Data from you as part of your use of our Services.
- Technical information (including your IP address), such as information from your visits to our website; and
- Any other information you may provide to us (passport information, DOB, address, license information, etc).
How We Use Your Personal Data.
Whether we receive your Personal Data directly from you or from a third party source, we will only use your Personal Data in connection with our ordinary business activities (including the fulfillment of our legal obligations). These “Permitted Uses” may include:
- Providing the Services to you or the installation to which you are requesting access;
- Submitting your information to DMV, CJIS, DoD, DoJ, or FBI systems to obtain background screening results;
- Acting in compliance with our legal obligations;
- Complying with court orders and other legal and regulatory requirements;
- Processing that is necessary for the legitimate interest of Iberon or third parties provided that such interests are not overridden by your interests or your fundamental rights and freedoms;
- For any purpose related to the foregoing or for any purpose for which you provided the Personal Data to Iberon.
If you have given us your express consent, we may process your Personal Data for additional purposes. You may withdraw your consent at any time. Additional purposes for which we may process your personal data may include:
- Communicating with you with respect to Iberon announcements, events, and Services which may be of interest to you;
- Distributing surveys or marketing materials;
- Gathering information regarding your preferences to improve the quality of our communications and interaction with you, such as through website analytics; and
- Any other purpose for which you have given consent.
How We Share Your Personal Data.
Except as set out in this Privacy Notice, Iberon will not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your Personal Data to third parties. We may, however, disclose your Personal Data in the following limited circumstances:
- We may share your Personal Data with service providers who help us with the operation of our business;
- If and as necessary to protect the safety and security of our Website, to detect and prevent fraud or abusive behavior, or when otherwise required or permitted by law;
- In the event that we sell, transfer or otherwise dispose of the business to an affiliate, successor, assign or other third party entity, our successors and assigns may collect and use your information for substantially similar purposes as described in this Privacy Notice; and
- With your consent.
Keeping Your Personal Data Secure
We will take appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect against unauthorized or unlawful processing of your Personal Data, and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your Personal Data in accordance with our internal procedures covering its storage, access, and destruction. Personal Data may be stored on our own technology systems or those of our vendors, or in paper files.
Retaining Your Personal Data.
We will delete your Personal Data when it is no longer reasonably required for the Permitted Uses or you withdraw your consent (where applicable), provided that we are not legally required or otherwise permitted to continue to hold such data. We may retain your Personal Data for an additional period to the extent deletion would require us to overwrite our automated disaster recovery systems or to the extent we deem it necessary to assert or defend legal claims during any relevant retention period.
Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Data.
We will provide you, upon request, with a copy of your Personal Data and we will correct any errors identified by you. We will refrain from sending you marketing materials without your express consent and will also comply with your request to stop sending any such further communications. All such requests, or any questions or comments regarding this Privacy Notice or our handling of your Personal Data, should be addressed as set out in the “Contact Us” section.
You may decline to share certain Personal Data with us, in which case we may not be able to provide you with the Services.
This privacy notice was updated in April 2018. We reserve the right to amend this Privacy Notice from time to time to reflect changing legal requirements or our processing practices. Any such changes will be posted on this website and will be effective upon posting.